A fan driven tournament to define a city so eclectic, so diverse, and so weird.
Congratulations to Powell's for winning the Portland Madness Championship! Powell's has the distinct honor of being The Most Portland Thing About Portland.
Check out our recap of the tournament.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: To enter, you must be 18 years of age or older and a legal U.S. resident. Winner must provide proof of age, identity, and residency. Employees (and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, siblings or children) or household members (whether or not related)) of eROI ("Sponsor") are not eligible to win. This contest is void where prohibited and outside area set forth above.
2. TO ENTER: You may enter online by registering on Instagram and posting your photo matching the contest theme and labeled with the hashtag #pdxmadness. Photos must be content created by submitter and any copywrited photos will not qualify. Alternative entries may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO ALL ENTRIES: Entrants must use their own name. This Sweepstakes will be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, each entrant agrees to abide and be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges and Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, stolen, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries. Entries are void if incomplete, not legible, or if they contain errors. No electronically reproduced entries. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind. You must be located in the United States at the time of entry. All received entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
4. DEADLINES: Entries must be submitted no later than midnight on March 19 for the bracket contest, and 12pm Pacific Standard Time on April 5th to qualify for the contest Instagram Contest.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS: One photo will be chosen at the sole discretion of eROI. Odds of winning a prize in any drawing depend on number of eligible entries for that drawing. If a selected winner is ineligible, if selected winner does not adhere to the Official Rules, or if Sponsor is unable to make contact with a selected winner within one week of the first attempt to contact winner, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries for that drawing.
6. PRIZES AND DELIVERY: Prizes are determined by eROI.com and will be delivered via USPS to a US address. Other arrangements will be considered at the sole discretion of eROI. Total prize value of $80
7. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: a. Use of winner's name: By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to the Sponsor, and its agents and licensees, to use the entrant's name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical material for broadcast and promotional purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes. b. Execution of Affidavit and Release: By entering, each entrant agrees that if selected as the winner, he/she may be required to sign a release and waiver of liability as well as certain tax documents. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to another entrant if the winner does not execute the prepared form of release and waiver and tax documents within the stated timeframe set forth by Sponsor, or if the selected winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules. c. Release of Liability: By entering, entrants agree to release the contest. Entities from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from their participation in the Sweepstakes or their receipt or use of the Sweepstakes prize. d. Governing Law: This Sweepstakes will be governed and enforced pursuant to Oregon law, excluding choice of law provisions. e. Waiver: Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor's right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. f. Disputes: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the contest, or any prizes awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses.8. INTERNET/FRAUD: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion of the Sweepstakes. If this contest is cancelled, the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to award remaining prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Sweepstakes website. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant repeatedly shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: a. in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; b. with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or c. in any other disruptive manner. No responsibility is assumed for: any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure; theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, software; failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes.
9. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the rules or a list of winners write to:Portland Madness : eROI, 505 NW Couch St, Portland, OR, 97209
10. SPONSOR: eROI, 505 NW Couch St, Portland, OR, 97209.
Back to top